Hey there!

This is a brand new free Antiworld forum. You can use it for anything legittimate.

Re: Hey there!

Postby Necavit on Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:01 pm

Why hello,

I am doing quite well, and the weather is quite nice today. Plus Divinity Original Sin 2 comes out in two weeks, and that sounds great.

How are things going for you Nem?

I swear you and I will be posting to this website after we retire. Its just such a habit for me to check in on Antiworld once and awhile.
Necavit

Postby Aez on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:04 am

Sup y'all -- I'm still living a life of infinite sin and turmoil and spending way to much time on lore for D&D games.

Nec, how was Divinity 1? I've seen it go on sale on gog a couple times, but I've never pulled the trigger on it. Any specific thoughts to share?
Aez

Postby Necavit on Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:24 am

Divinity is a blast if you have someone willing to go co-op with you. Its a turn based role playing game, that works really well in co-op. You will need to enjoy slower paced, strategic, turn-based combat. I must have sunk at least 70 hours in it, and enjoyed it quite a bit. The new one is letting 4 player co-op, so I am going to tackle the agony of coordinating that.

I recently got back into D&D after a decade of not playing. 5th edition has been a bit of an adjustment, but I am getting used to it. While I like 5th in many ways, I wish it had more of a focus on magical items. I mean, what do you do with all the gold you make?

Plus my new DM is much kinder than my old one, who was borderline malicious.
Necavit

Postby Aez on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:28 pm

Jesus never would have used magic items, so stop bringing your sinful desires into 5e's holy light.

I've been meaning to dive into 5e more, but I just haven't gotten around to it. It really doesn't help that Tweek and I have built a E6 style 3.5 variant ruleset that getting pretty close to being a new version of D&D at this point. WE HAVE SO MANY SPREADSHEETS AND DOCS. I should really clean it up sometime.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iub7VIIrsRkPKdxbYX88glSLNtxg6MpRC0Pi9Rx0Mpo/edit#gid=0

That's neat about Divinity - I typically don't do much co-op roleplaying because I'm unbearably cheap and wait for every game to get below $10. Does Divinity stand out in other ways from other RPGs storywise or is the mechanics of co-op their main innovation?
Aez

Postby Necavit on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:27 pm

I would wait for it to get cheaper, if you don't have co-op partners in mind. Good co-op can make average games awesome.

Its nothing special story-wise. But you may be interested because of how much it resembles paper based RPG's. Heavy dialogue, freedom of choice, many options on how to complete things. It shines for me because co-op turn based RPG's are rare, and it does the combat very well.

5th needs more magic items. Loot is why I kill. My character was gambling at an inn the other day, and made more money than I had adventuring, and risking my life against giants. Kind of makes him question if hes in the right line of work.
Necavit

Postby Jantima on Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:20 am

Still Alive :|
Jantima

Return to Antiworld Master Forum