Brexit

This is a brand new free Antiworld forum. You can use it for anything legittimate.

Re: Brexit

Postby Aez on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:33 am

im inconsolable and the swear filter won't let me post my real thoughts
Aez

Postby Aez on Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:49 pm

I really liked the take that this post had, especially around the politics of blame, responsibility, and fear.

https://bethgblog.wordpress.com/2016/06/26/the-48-per-cent-some-practical-actions/

I think that the cycle of pitting generations and voter groups and etc against each other creates self fulfilling prophecies where those groups become tribal and responsive only to their 'in-group' - which when you take an electorally dominant group like the older folks, makes for a political environment that awards displays of 'authentic in-ness'. That is, discrimination, recrimination, and violence.
Aez

Postby Necavit on Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:35 pm

Seems odd to be able to make such a large decision with such a small majority.

On a slightly related note I find these conservative thinking backlashes quite fascinated. We had Rob Ford in Toronto, the yanks are presently dealing with a strong one, and from what I understand this Brexit movement originates from it.

Hopefully things will work out across the pond.
Necavit

Postby Necavit on Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Well things are fine in the North for the time being.

And thats about as close as I am getting to that elephant. The reactions were quite emotional up here too.
Necavit

Return to Antiworld Master Forum